first things first: yes, i kind of abandoned you. kind of like when i went to under armour except this time i didn’t dropkick any ladies’ rooms bathroom stall doors and/or split my pants down the middle, then have to take a boat home, then have to go out for pizza with holly with my underwear showing. (gosh that was kind of funny now that i think about it.)
no actually i just felt severely unfunny the past couple months. so instead of turning this blog into an episode of my so-called life (omg loved that show; loved angela (loved her too much, probably), loved jordan, loved ricki & his eyeliner in the girls’ room, even loved rayanne) i decided to step back and “let the storm pass.”
so yeah, the storm passed. and one day i’ll write about it in a sensibly priced e-book. until then, i’m back to help you procrastinate to the best of your abilities. so here we go!
first: a number of revelations i’ve had over the past few weeks. let’s start with kate middleton.
1. kate middleton: yes, if you say you don’t have a crush on kate middleton, you’re absolutely 100% lying. or else you’re of a grandmotherly-type age–or you’re actually a grandmother–in which case it feels quite wrong to crush on a real-life 30-year-old princess. but i’m not a grandmother yet so i’m just going to say that i suddenly noticed it’s probably almost impossible not to have a crush on her.
she’s just so…so absolutely heartbreakingly lovely. not only is she beautiful, she’s graceful and loves children–and they love her back! she’s the type of girl that, if she were to, say, walk into a forest–which i imagine she would once in a while, as she seems like the outdoorsy type–animals would gather around her feet. like bunnies and deer and baby animals in particular. puppies, especially. i know puppies don’t live in forests, but they would sense her presence and run into the forest to find her.
anyway, i’m not going to deny my feelings anymore. instead i’m embracing and sharing them and suggest you do the same.
2. facebook: i took a two-week hiatus from facebook and i kind of loved it. i felt so…so 90s. it kind of made me want to listen to some gin blossoms and…pick up my home phone and call someone. (of course i didn’t. but i could have. except for i’d text them first to tell them i was calling.) it was like: i wasn’t bombarded with 10,000 pieces of information every five seconds and i actually started liking people again. but then i got back on and got disgusted and started hating people again. it’s really a catch-22, facebook. i’d say more about this, but i have to go check my notifications. kthanks, brb.
3. growing out my bangs: ok, i’m back. speaking of the 90s, i’m growing out my bangs. yes, growing out my bangs. i should note i’ve had bangs since 2003 so this is major for me.
in hindsight, i’m noticing that bangs kind of held me back. like, creatively. now that i’m nearly sans bangs (that’s fraaanch. “sans” means “without” and no, i don’t remember anything else from five years of french, so help me, what a waste of time that was–i should have taken spanish so i could communicate with all the hispanic guys that probably say such nice things to me in their native tongue) anyway, without the baggage of bangs, so to speak, i’m able to do all sorts of fun things with my hair now: flipping it this way and that, using hairspray and clips and all sorts of things.
note: i haven’t used hairspray since the early 90s! i feel like buying some guess jeans, pegging them, splashing on some jean nate (pronounced GEEN-naTAY; also fraaanch) and doing the running man to some c+c music factory. i probably won’t. but i might. then i’ll go to friendly’s and get a fribble. WHAT. get outta here. i totally would but it’s 2012 and most of the friendly’s have closed down. i also don’t have to peg my jeans anymore. that’s what jeggings are for!
4. the blue angels: the the blue angels came to baltimore and omg. we watched them practice and perform from our roofdeck and holy crap wow. seeing and hearing them so up close and personal from the comfort of home was like this big free gift wrapped in a bow dropped on our house–like a big ol loudass exciting present for persevering in this hot mess of a city. who knew a neurotic jew like me was an airshow fan! instead of complaining oy it’s so loud! oy they’re so close! OY ARE THEY GOING TO CRASH INTO OUR HOUSE CALL THE SISTERHOOD WE HAVE TO PUT THIS IN THE NEWSLETTA! i was like HELL’S YEAH DOGGIE BRING IT ON!
5. middlesex: i finally read middlesex by jeffrey eugenides and woah. dude, that is a good book. i seriously felt myself getting smarter while i was reading it. also who knew a, ahem, love scene between a 14-year-old hermaphrodite and 14-year-old a red-headed girl could be so…special? oh shuddup. i’m not a sicko, just read the damn book, you’ll see what i mean. (p.s. I WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RED-HEADED GIRL, DAMMIT, JEFFREY!)
6. new jersey housewives: i know she’s kind of a bee-otch, but jersey housewives wouldn’t even have a storyline if it weren’t for teresa. so even if you don’t like her, i suggest you just deal with it or else you’re not gonna have a show to watch. also: i love rosie. and, i hate myself for saying it, but joe gorga‘s kind of a hunk. and if you don’t watch the show don’t worry about it, you’re probably better off without it, let’s go to the next revelation.
7. more with the hair: i need a keratin treatment. i tried to deny it. i said i wasn’t interested but i am. i’m going to get carpal tunnel in my right arm from straightening my hair in this damn humidity. put that in your sisterhood newsletter. no wait. don’t. my mom probably gets that newsletter.
til next time!
jessica, i.e. the one in synagogue with the mouthpiece and all the hard candies
Kate is definitely gorgeous!!!! Ya know the best feature about FaceBook- the defriend option. Once you start using it, it really frees you from all the junk in your life!!!
i hear ya…however, i’m more of a “hider” than a defriender. (omg just read your last post. FUNNY! keep keepin it real, girl!)
Middlesex is one of my favorite books!
Love the Duchess! Kinda want to be her when I grow up except she’s a. younger than me and b. I doubt that would work.
Sorry – I got stuck on “sensibly priced e-book” and now am patiently waiting …
I have no problem admitting my girl crushes, but Kate is not one of them. I don’t care about her potential “baby bump” or when she wore that outfit last. Maybe if they weren’t trying to shove her down my throat all the time. Nah, I like my chicks blond and busty. 🙂
Ok so wtf is a fribble and can I go to Friendly’s with you? Also, can we add some Nennah Cherry to the running man-athon?
ladies: you are all crackin me up over here! EB: *YO* of COURSE you can go to friendly’s with me! a fribble is a friendly’s-brand shake, which, according their website, we can get in either vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or coffee (mmm, coffee!). after slurping our shakes, we will bust out some hardcore old school running man–right there in friendly’s–to “buffalo stance.” don’t. you get fresh with me. HOLLA!
i LOVED middlesex, I also love Kate, and I was thinking about GETTING bangs. I used to cut them myself in high school, but that was back when I had balls.
Prologue: Um, why no mention of Brian Krakow? He, like, loved Angela and stuff and did not bow down to peer pressure by staying true to his jewfro for, like, the entire season.
1. Pippa seems more of a bad ass. I like thatshe rolls around with tough French guys in covertible BMWs who point fake guns at papparazzi. Although it all seems less bad ass after I typed that.
2. Yeah, I had to break up with some people after the healthcare bill was passed. I may have to log off until after the November election. But then how will I know what about the consistency of the newly vegetarian/newborn baby/recovering alcoholic poop?
6. I’m assuming Kathy is hyponotizing me through the TV with her wide-eyed stare, for I have no explanation for why I continue to watch this show.